It was quite difficult to find an article on this topic, but I was able to find one that caters to the basic need of explaining what it is and why its great for education. Basically, TeacherTube is a "free online teacher community for posting and viewing educator-made instructional videos." One benefit that TeacherTube has over YouTube is that it does not conatin material that is inapproprate for the classroom. TeacherTube is actually full of education-ready material that the students can watch and even create. Whatever is posted on TeacherTube has to meet a certain learning objective which makes it a very useful tool for students and teachers as well as parents who practice with their children at home. One other advantage for TeacherTube is that no commercials or advertisements are allowed, which makes it a free space for kids to just learn.
I will definitly be using this tool in my classroom to teach students as we are moving into a different stage where our children will only know technology and need to be ready to face every form of it.
TeacherTube, the YouTube for Educators. (2007). District Administration, 43(5), 22. Retrieved from EBSCOhost.
I also did this topic, and I believe that TeacherTube is a great learning tool because you don't have to worry about X-rated videos. You can be sure that any video you click on will be educational because they are previewed before they are posted.
ReplyDelete